Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 Version

WB8VTW
WB8VTW Member, Unconfirmed
My older Flex 6600 was in for service late November 2023 when the DECPU board was replaced. Looking at the new firmware release it says the WNB is fixed for the 3-24-2023 and later release 6600. Since mine has a replacement CPU board, is mine of the newer level that will benefit from the WNB fix?

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

That would be a question to ask the Help Desk. But, with the new version of SmartSDR, the WNB will work ( in many cases,but not all) for both the older generation of 6000 radios and the last version before the 6000 radios were discontinued to make way for the 8000 radios. Either way your radio, if running version 3.8.19 should have a working WNB. Whether it will actually help for your specific noise situation depends on the type of noise you have. Unfortunately, the WNB is not a one size fits all solution. It works for some noise sources and not for others. You just have to try it and see if it works. ( be sure to give it time to work as it doesn't work instantly)

James

WD5GWY

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

The story from Steve Hicks is there was a noisy power transformer near the Austin site. The WNB was developed to cancel that type of regularly repeated noise. It doesn’t affect my noise at all.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I had power line arcing here. On some bands, 40 especially, the noise floor was 30 dB higher. I found when WNB was released it dropped my noise floor 20 to 30 dB and made it from unusable to being able to work weaker signals. Steve used some of my video in his early presentation of effectiveness of WNB and power line noise.

I find a level of 93 with preamp on 40 at zero gave best results

Again In my case it was arcing on the primary to my neighborhood, which terminates on one of two poles on my property. I have videos of it in action on my YouTube channel.

here are a couple of videos

https://youtu.be/CXo4hYKqIVM?si=VG4XTSjcZ2-mqHGF

https://youtu.be/Y1mKxHuXLKo?si=QUeZFNao3NI2X7ek

Dave wo2x

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

The WNB worked great on the pulsing noise from the neighbor's electric fence around their horse pasture. Now the horses are gone and the fence has been turned off.

73 de K1ESE John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.