Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Seeing "the default PC audio input device has changed to an invalid device" when opening SDR

Hi,
My SDR software for some reason starting giving me "the default PC audio input device has changed to an invalid device " when I open it. I'm not sure what changed or how to fix. If I go to me audio setting / input I see a long list of selections for DAX but not sure which one I should select. I tried most but didn't see to do anything.

Thanks for any help in advanced
K1TZT

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

It sounds like you may have PC selected for your mic input. As such, it is looking for a NON DAX input device (like a microphone) in order to grab audio from somewhere to squirt into the radio. Many PCs these days don't expose the input audio devices unless there is something plugged into them, so there may actually not be an active input device in the typical case. You can check this by right clicking on the Speaker icon in the system tray (lower right typically) for Win10/Win11 and exploring the related windows there.

If you're still stuck and can't make it work, please open a helpdesk ticket and we'll see what we can do to help get you going.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Love the technical lingo! ( squirt)

😀

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.