Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL and TGXL Integration

Glenn Depp
Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Is there any way to have the Tuner and Power Genius desktop Apps become integrated into the SmartSDR Side Panel where the TX,P/CW,Phne,RX,EQ,AMP controls are. They can be locked to top of screen over other Apps but to have the ability for them to be within the SDR Control area would make a world of difference I believe. I understand they not actually be the same company as I believe, perhaps wrong, are via 403A.

Just an ask.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

This is scheduled for a future SmartSDR release.

Dave wo2x

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hi Dave,

I think Glenn is talking about integrating the full featured Tuner and Power Genius Utility programs into SSDR and I've wondered about that too. And this should include the Antenna Genius as well. It would be nice to have their full feature sets available, including configuration for example, not just the most used three or four buttons. Is that what you're referring to about a future SmartSDR release ?

Thanks as always ! 73 Russ KR6W

• David Decoons, wo2x

I am not sure about level of integration but it was mentioned at Xenia dinner there would be integration in the future.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Yeah. Mike Walker mentioned a couple months ago that a Tuner Genius window with limited controls (my words) similar to the existing Power Genius window would FINALLY be coming in v3.8. Even he acknowledged it's been "promised" for literally years at this point. There was even a screenshot of it in SSDR somewhere along the line.

But I saw or read something from him very recently that implied it actually may NOT be in v3.8 after all. He intimated something about v3.9 but considering how long v3.8 has taken, v3.9 could be a long long way off. So far off in fact that an optimistic person might hope that, since they're going to take more time to do it anyway they might as well add the Antenna Genius too and make them all as full featured as the current utilities.

73 Russ KR6W

• David Decoons, wo2x

I have been using Node Red as a single web based page to monitor and control pretty much everything. Used it split screen mode with SmartSDR for IOS on my iPad while in the hospital last 4 days.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

****, back in the hospital, Dave ? Very sorry to hear that ! I was hoping the last round would stick for a long time this time. Hope you're doing better now and I hope THIS one does stick !

73 Russ KR6W

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Russ,

That is exactly what I mean. Rather than a separate window have it included in the SDR Radio Pane if it is selected just like the other options of TX, PC/CW, PHNE, RX, EQ. Include PGXL, TGXL, etc as additional options.

Example image attached. I place them on the blank spaces myself but inclusion would be much better. Hope image is not too large. Can not seem to shrink it down.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hi Glen,

Yeah, I see what you mean. I suspect if Flex were to integrate the full Utility for each (and I can't say I've ever even heard a rumor that they were considering it), they might minimize the on-screen portion and put the rest in the menus system. Personally, I'd be fine with that. My understanding of what they've had in mind for the Tuner Genius functionality for a long long time (and will hopefully be in v3.9) is similar to what's currently there for the Power Genius. We'll see.

73 Russ KR6W

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

I like having them sit in the void spots as I do not need all of the other small utilities very often. The only draw back form me placing them on top is when I use any other parts within SmartSDR the move to the back and become hidden until I put them back on top.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 14

There are utilities, such as 'Always On Top' that run hidden in the background to which application windows such as PowerGeniusXL and Tuner Genius XL can be assigned, thus keeping them in the foreground when using SmartSDR.

A potential downside is if you use the monitor to overlay say a web browser while SSDR is running, the two utility windows display on top of it.

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Right. I actually have that program somewhere but don't use it. The best option would be for it to be integrated with the SmartSDR program itself. Thanks for the software reminder.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.