Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hamracer Logging Software

I am trying to setup Hamracer for use with CQWW SSB Contest. This software has the ability to transmit a synthesized voice for different kinds of messages without me having to use my microphone or headset.

But the issue is that I connect via Com Port 4 and on my Cat Listing it shows Com Port 4 and Hamracer is connected to it. Plus the Software gives me the frequency I am on which is correct.

The problem I am having is that it keys the transceiver but it gives me no output power. I have the output power at 100 watts and I set the transmit audio to 63 which is the setting I have for my Radiosport Headset. I don't know why the program is not generating any output power.

Mark KB3Z

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭✭

If I read this correctly, HamRacer is generating a 'voice' to send out messages, etc?

If so, I think you'll also need to set up DAX (digital audio interface) between HamRacer and the Flex in order that HamRacer's 'voice' can be sent to the Flex for transmission. CAT just sends commands (e.g. frequency, mode, PTT, etc.) from the PC to the radio and vice-versa — no audio.

If there is no audio, SSB transcievers will show no RF output (or very little…)

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Don,

For my Dax I just have A slice and B slice. And I have the both of them as IQ streams and RX Streams. I have it set to the Kenwood Protocol to TS-480, 570 or 590. But that doesn't seem to be of any help. The Hamracer program doesn't seem to have a simple setup for Flexradio. That's why I am using the Kenwood Protocol.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Mark.. can you please post a copy of your audio interface configuration in HamRacer? The input and output should be pointing to the DAX streams from the Flex.

A screenshot of the DAX config on the Flex would be helpful as well.

Thanks

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Okay, I finally got it to work. I have Com Port 4 as the control of the transceiver. I also created a Com Port 12 as a PTT for the radio. I looked at the Sound Settings for my computer and there was Hamracer listed in the Apps section. There was a pull down for the Output device and Input Device. I set the output device to Dax Audio Transmit and the Input Device was Dax Audio RX 1. Once I did that everything now works and it transmits just fine. I learned something new this evening. Now I need to test things and make sure that everything works for the contest.

Mark KB3Z

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭✭

that's great news, Mark!

thanks for letting us know.

have fun!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.