Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone connected a MFJ-464 to the 6600m?

I would be interested to learn how this was done. Specifically a wiring diagram would be helpful.
Tagged:

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John, I haven't used an MFJ-464, but the connections look pretty straight forward.

Paddles to Key In. Key Out to the Key jack of the Flex. The radio in, radio spkr and side tone jacks are not needed as the Flex produces side tone. PTT is not needed as the rig is keyed using the Key jack of the radio.

You would need the radio to be set with Iambic off and Breakin on:

You can also connect the keyer to pins 4 and 5 of the accessory socket if you also want a second set of paddles connected directly to the radio. I do this so that if my keyer (part of TeensyMaestro) ever fails, I can keep going using my backup paddles. This has never happened, but makes a good excuse to have yet another set of paddles at the operating position… :- )

If you are, by any chance, the JohnEin who lives in North Boulder, I would be more than happy to come over and help you to set it up if you like.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.