Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

smartSDR Mac freezes after yesterdays update on Mac

smartSDR Mac freezes after yesterdays update to Sequoia 15.0 on Mac.
I am using the latest version of smartSDR for Mac Version 2.9.32 (243401), tried to reinstall but that did not help.
Tagged:

Comments

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

You may want to reach out to Marcus DL8MRE the creator of the MacOS version. I'm not sure he monitors these forums. If you can launch the app and before you connect go to the Settings tab the 'Information & Support' there is an option to 'Mail to Marcu, DL8MRE' if you can't get there maybe try his email on QRZ. Good luck

MIchael, AA5SH

• milevy
    milevy Member ✭✭
    I too just installed the new Mac OS Sequoia and now my Smart SDR for Mac doesn’t see my Flex 6600 radio! Anyone else have this problem. I did write to Marcus about it this evening.
  • milevy
    milevy Member ✭✭
    Mark W6MIL
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi all

i do not have an issue with macssdr crashing or hanging

running macbook air M1 2020 wirth sequoia

and

i did contact macus to let him know it works for me as a data point fro trouble shooting

and

received this response

Thanks but there is no problem. Usual trouble shooting should fix any problems. If users are still having issues they can contact me at any time to get further assistance.

However, macOS 15 itself has quite some serious bugs (as well as iOS18) which is why Apple has already pulled the plug.

73, Marcus, DL8MRE

Howvever loopback is not working for me even with the updated version 2.4.2 from rogue ameba

using xdax xcat wsjtx to 6600m on this macbookair…

i have contacted rogue ameba and are aware of the issue from other users

i sent them a debug file as requested..

for me the macbookair is a test bed

mac mini 's inthe shack are my main machines…

no upgrading them till these issues are resolved

Paul K3SF

• Wilford
    Wilford Member
    Update
    disabling the macOS firewall did the trick...
    No more freeze