Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro C won't connect to my iPhone

My Maestro see's my iPhones hotspot, and I am entering the password correctly, the phone ins right next to the Maestro and is the strongest signal it sees, BUT it will NOT connect…any adivse?

Comments

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭✭

Does your iPhone use any punctuation in the SSID (the network name)? Frequently Apple will auto-name your hotspot SSID like "John's iPhone" and the Maestro cannot work with the apostrophe. If this may be your case, re-name the WiFi SSID to something with ultra-plain letters only and re-try.

HTH

• John Watson W4JCW
    John Watson W4JCW Member ✭✭
    edited September 8

Initially it did have the apostrophe, I renamed it without…still will not connect…

• On iPhone hotspot screen select "maximize compatibility". Forces everything to use 2.4ghz mode.

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

I have found that to connect to the hotspot on my iPhone (It's an older iPhone X), you must have the Hotspot screen open on the iPhone when you connect, THEN you can close the screen on the phone. I have had to do this to connect my DMR hotspot to the phone.

Charlie KB8CR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.