Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

any plans to control the tuner genius with the maestro??

Comments

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hi Arnold,

Not sure exactly what you mean by controlling the TG but Flex stated around Dayton time that some form of SSDR TG interface (presumably Windows and Maestro) was coming in v3.8. A guess might be that it will look similar to the current support for the PG (in that case, on/off, power, temp and SWR) but TG flavored. In other words, not the full TG Utility feature set but a small subset of the most important things.

V3.8 has been a long time coming. I'm guessing they decided to consolidate general work and work specific to the new 8XXX series in the same effort. Which implies it might come out around the time the 8XXX does - currently scheduled for next month. Anna McDermond (very reliable) recently posted on the Flex groups.io reflector that a significant amount of work preparing for the 8XXX crosses over to benefit 6XXX radios as well. For what it's worth, I'm personally happy for them to take as long working on SSDR as they're wiling to actually work on it (as opposed to just more delays). What's been missing IS them seriously working on it.

Big hopes for v3.8.

73 Russ KR6W

• Arnold Goldman
    Arnold Goldman Member ✭✭

tnx what i meant was controlling the tuner genius through the maestro like you can with the power amp! rather than through SDR tnx for comments looking forward for 3.8 tnx very much for the update

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hi Arnold,

I may well be missing what you mean here but just in case …. the Maestro runs SSDR just like the radio. There's a modified version of windows running on it that the Maestro version of SSDR sits on. When Flex updates SSDR, they do so for both the version that runs on the PC under windows, and the one that runs on the Maestro (and, more importantly the f/w that runs on the actual radio as well). As far as I've seen, every feature and feature change they make on one is also done on the other. So the way controlling the TG with the Maestro would be done IS by adding the feature to SSDR and it would show up on both. Sorry if I'm still not getting what you're asking.

73 Russ KR6W

• Arnold Goldman
    Arnold Goldman Member ✭✭

guess thats it i dont see the tuner genius showing up on the maestro like the amp does at the top center tnx

• Arnold Goldman
    Arnold Goldman Member ✭✭

i would like to run the radio, amp and the tuner ALL from the maestro thats my question thanks

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I hear you there Arnold, I sure hope the Tuner Genius and the Antenna Genius controls gets added to the Maestro soon, It is like missing a thumb and can't do much with out it remotely.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hi Arnold,

Ok, so what we're saying is, Flex has said they're adding some functionality to control the TG to SSDR v3.8. If they actually do, when they release v3.8 you can upgrade both the computer version and the Maestro version to v3.8. Then you will be able to run the radio, amp and tuner from SSDR on the computer AND from the Maestro. Your post title asks, "any plans to …" - yes, there are. Those are them.

For what's worth, I echo Bret's comment that control of the AG obviously needs to be added as well. For all of Flex's advertising of their dream system, treating the AG like an undeserving poor relative is hard to understand. And it's been this way for a long LONG time. However, I don't recall any hint of Flex saying they had any plans of doing so. As an aside, while this doesn't help with operation from the Maestro, the PG, TG and AG utilities can all be used remotely both over LAN and WAN so at least there's that for now.

73 Russ KR6W

• Arnold Goldman
    Arnold Goldman Member ✭✭

tnx for the responses seems I'm not the only one looking forward to this stay safe 73's

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.