Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to set DAX TX Gain programmatically?

I'd like to modify the DAX TX gain from a program but cannot discover how to do it by watching with Wireshark.

When I manipulate the DAX RX gain slider in SmartSDR DAX 3.7.3 it is easy to see commands going to the radio, e.g. C37097|audio stream 0x4000009 slice 0 gain 28 when I adjust the slice A gain slider.

But no command at all is shown when I adjust the TX gain slider. ???? (If I click off the blue TX button I see C37124|stream remove 0x84000001, and if I click it on again I see C37126|stream create type=dax_tx)

I have also tried using the TXGain and Gain properties of a FlexLib DAXTXAudioStream object, but although I can get and set them, they have no effect.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I may be wrong but I believe the slider changes the attenuation in Windows under sound devices, not in the radio.

Dave wo2x

• Howard  K7JNX
    Howard K7JNX Member ✭✭

Interesting idea (controlling TX level via Windows sound device volue), but this is apparently not the case. I tried bringing up System → Sound → All Sound Devices → Properties for DAX Audio TX. Manipulating the volume there has absolutely no effect on the level between e.g. WSJT-x and the Flex, nor does manipulating the SmartSDR DAX TX Gain Slider make any changes to the Windows DAX Audio TX device slider

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.