Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Control

I run a Flex 6600 (waiting for shipment of 8600), a Power Genius, Tuner Genius and various third party software applications. This question will be concerning the control of the Tuner Genius via third party software ion2G.

I posed a question to the developers of ion2G and likewise need to bring it here.

Is there a way to externally control the tuner to make it switch in and out of Bypass.

So ion2G is so far the best 2G ALE software controller I have used. I have used 4 total, options are still fairly limited to how many developers have created an application for this. This one in as with others creates a secondary slice within a pan-adapter for the TX functioning to sit while the main slice scans. This stops the TX functioning from following the frequency and hence relay chatter or clicking within the radio. Works well. With the external tuner in place it locks onto the TX slice and holds the tune to that frequency. This creates a decreased receive quality on all other frequencies the scanning slice switches or listens to. By manually entering Bypass on the Tuner Genius it removes this decrease, however is not automatically returned to tune when the software/radio switches to transmit.

Is there some way to send a command to the Tuner Genius to make it switch into and out of Bypass when going into or out of scan for optimum receive quality?

The software does an amazing job with ALE, however this could help improve the Flex Radio line become even more superior within the ALE community.

r/

Glenn

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Glenn.

You asked, "Is there some way to send a command to the Tuner Genius to make it switch into and out of Bypass"

Do you mean changing the operating mode? If so:

TG TCP mode command: "C15|operate set=1\n"

Where:

CXX is just a command identifier. It can be any numerical value. The id will be returned with the TGs response packet.

"operateset=1" is "Operate" mode

"operateset=0" is "Standby" mode

"\n" is a ascii carriage return.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Yes that would be what I was looking for.

Would a 2 be Bypass?

• F4BPO
    F4BPO Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
    https://github.com/flexradio/smartsdr-api-docs/wiki/SmartSDR-TCPIP-API

all commands are here

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.