Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Utility DHCP Address

When I set the PGXL IP Address checkbox to DHCP in the PGXL Utility, it sets the subnet mask to 0.0.0.0 and the Gateway Address to 0.0.0.0. I checked it against the TGXL Utility, which when DHCP Addressing is checked shows the subnet mask correctly as 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway Address as 192.168.1.1. I think something is wrong here but I don't know what it is. My router has DHCP Reservations for both of these devices.

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

If you can operate the amp from the app with the amp in DHCP, then it is getting then proper IP, netmask, and gateway, even though it shows zeros.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Ken D'Alessandro Member ✭✭

Firmware Versions are PGXL 3.8.8 and TGXL 1.2.11.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

after setting PG. L to DHCP, save & reboot via app. Then remove power or turn off rear power switch for 30 seconds.

73 Dave wo2x

• Ken D'Alessandro

Tried it. Doe not do anything.

• Ken D'Alessandro

The only way I can get the subnet mask and gateway addresses to read 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1 is to select Static Addressing and enter these values. When in DHCP Addressing the subnet mask sets to 0.0.0.0 and the Gateway Address sets to 0.0.0.0. Saving DHCP, rebooting via the app (which is the same as saving) and then turning off and restarting the PGXL does not change anything. As I said previously the TGXL does not behave this way.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I suppose you have checked to make sure your Router DHCP service is enabled on the Router and set up properly to hand out the correct IP range, Netmask and DNS addressing?

• Ken D'Alessandro

Yes the service is enabled and set up correctly in the router. As evidence of this the TGXL DHCP box is checked in the TGXL Utility App and the TGXL Utility App reports the subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway as 192.168.1.1.

• Ken D'Alessandro

OK. Mystery solved. I had reported this to the Flex Help Desk and Ken replied that it is a bug in the PGXL software that affects the Mask and Gateway display in the Network tab and that if the amp is operating correctly it is not an issue. Does anyone know if these known bugs are reported anywhere on the Flex website? If so I would like to know where that is and if not it would be great if they could be reported somewhere.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.