Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New user: Flex 8400

Hello, just ordered a new Flex 8400M.
I'm wondering if it would be advantageous to purchase an Apple iPad to use with the radio as well?
Currently I have Android devices and just browsing the software downloads etc., they seem to point toward IOS?

Best Answer

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 16 Answer ✓

The iOS, iPadOS and MacOS versions of SSDR by Marcus are all outstanding. I use all three. Using an iPad running it is definitely a rich experience. Quite reliable too and all three provide many features not found in Flex's SSDR including native FT8 and FT4. By the way, if you happen to be a CW person, the tiny CTR2-MIDI by Lynovation ( https://ctr2.lynovation.com/ctr2-midi/ ) provides an interface for a physical cw key too plus a bunch of convenience features. Works on all three versions.

73 Russ KR6W

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

At the moment, there is RCForb for Android, but it is not feature rich. Stephen, N1SH is currently working on an Android version, so you might want to see what he comes up with.

The Apple versions by Marcus are supposed to be excellent, but I have not seen them personally so I can't comment.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

The support freely given by Marcus is excellent, as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.