Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MACbook/IPAD for SmartSDR

I am not an Apple user and was thinking of "dipping my toes in the waters" for SmartSDR. Given there a lot of different models, I am looking for input on a "low cost" model of Macbook or IAPD to try things out?

Joe N7QPP

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I use an iPad (9 think). Pretty much any current iPad, except mini, will work well. Mine is the base model, no cellular or gps, 32GB.

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2

SmartSDR for Mac runs perfectly fine on my 8GB M1 Mac mini , my M2 Studio Ultra, my M1 Max MacBook Pro, M2 MacBook Air, my iPad mini (IOS), and iPhone (IOS). The app has a demo mode you can run to see if the various form factors meet your requirements. I haven't tried it on my Apple Watch (yet) 😃.

W7NGA

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Demo mode is available for free. To get a functional version, registration and payment is required. Once purchased, available on all devices on the same apple account.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 3

. . . . F Y I. . . . .

ios version is different than macos version and are priced separately…

so if you buy ios version it will run on all ios devices (iphone and ipads) on your account

and

if you buy the macos version it will run on all macos devices ( mini, imac, macbooks…) on your account

Paul K3SF