Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PSK tool in SSDR for Mac

Hi,

The SSDR for Mac is updated and now has a PSK Tool besides the FT8 Tool. I don’t mean the PSK Reporter tool…. This PSK is supposed to make QSO’s in PSK mode. Unfortunately I didn’t succeed yet to bring this tool alive. I click on RX in the tool but nothing happens. I don’t see any waterfall either. Is there someone out here who can give me tips/hints to use PSK Tool? Marcus’ manual don’t even mention this particular tool….

73 Dirk HB9GPN

Answers

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Hi, see attached screen with SmartSDR version 2.9.25 (the latest I think!).

73' Jean-Luc / F5JRC

• Dirk Schuurs
    Dirk Schuurs Member ✭✭

Hi Jean_Luc,

Did you made some adjustments in the settings, or is it just like FT8-tool: open the tool, click on RX and the magic will happen??

CIao, DIrk HB9GPN

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Hi Dirk,

No adjustments, it's just like FT8-tool. Magic!

The only problem is finding QSOs in PSK, it's becoming rather rare these days! Hi!

Here I am using a MacMini M2, but I don't think that can play a role.

I know there is a procedure to completely reset Mac SmartSDR, but I don't remember it, ask Marcus, he usually responds very quickly.

But another OM in the community must also be able to help you…

Ciao, Jean-Luc

(and let me know when the issue will be fixed! :-)

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Hi Dirk,

The only problem is finding QSOs in PSK, it's becoming rather rare these days! Hi!

I know there is a procedure to completely reset Mac SmartSDR, but I don't remember it, ask Marcus, he usually responds very quickly.

Ciao, Jean-Luc

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Hi Dirk,

Ciao, Jean-Luc

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Sorry for repeating the message 3 times, I did not see that the messages were subject to validation, there is just a small message which appears at the bottom left of the window after having validated (post comment) and the content of what is entered disappears, which is very disturbing!
    And I don't know how to make the excess messages disappear!
    73's Jean-Luc

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

This time the last message was not submitted for validation! This thing is weird!

• Dirk Schuurs
    Dirk Schuurs Member ✭✭

no problem at all Jean-Luc!!!

please is it possible to sent your picture in a higher resolution? When I zoom in this one it’s not good readable…. Eventually you can send it to hb9gpn@uska.ch

tnx and 73

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Hi Dirk, yes I will send you during the day a better picture directly at your email address.

kr

Jean-Luc

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jean-Luc, your message got flagged by the anti-spam filter. Every once in a while, it flags a perfectly fine message (like yours), and every once in a while it doesn't flag an obvious spam post. I try to release good posts and get rid of actual spam ASAP.

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭

Hi Len,
    No worries, I was wrong because my message disappeared every time I posted and I didn't understand why. I won't be fooled again!
    73 and thank you for your work!

Jean-Luc / F5JRC

• Stan W2VID
    Stan W2VID Member ✭✭

I have not found the magic. There are no instructions — yet — but I trust that they will come. When I finally get signals coming in they are, for the most part, garbage. Sometimes I can see a call sign and a CQ in blue, but the other characters are garbage and I see no way to adjust them. I am looking forward to this mode for QSOs.