Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner not automatically tuning

k3qh
k3qh Member ✭✭
edited May 11 in Tuner Genius XL

Hi, just went through the full upgrade of radio, tuner, power genius and antenna genius. All Flex components set in so2r. I'm using the remote access with a friend now and I've been previously just using the tuner genius utility to tune my radio when I switch bands. This time I was specifically trying to switch bands and see if the tuner genius would automatically do it. It does not seem to tune unless I hit the tune button on the tuner genius software.

Does the remote user have to download tuner genius software to tune or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Stuart

Best Answer

• k3qh
    k3qh Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ronald, thank you, yes I understand!

stuart

Answers

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Stuart did you follow the process of tuning each band segment for each band?

• k3qh
    k3qh Member ✭✭

Ronald,

No, I was going over the user guide and from what I saw in section 7 it doesn't mention any such process. Where would I find the procedure. I assume that I would have to hit the auto-tune in a few separate points along the band in order for it to store in memory?

thanks, Stuart

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

The manual has some information:

7.2 Tuning
    There are two modes of tuner operation: manual and automatic. In automatic mode, the user initiates a tune operation to find a successful match between the transmitter and the antenna system. When one is found, the match solution (L/C/L values and frequency) are retained in tuner non-volatile memory and automatically used when the frequency of the transmit slice is within the Match Frequency Range (with the same antenna selected).
    7.2.1 What is a successful match?
    The Tuner Genius XL tries different combinations of capacitance and inductance values during automatic tuning until it finds a combination that yields an SWR less than (or closest to) the set maximum for the band. That value can be set in two ways:
     Press the center knob on the front panel, then adjust the value up and down. Finally, press the knob again to save the result.
     Adjust the minimal value in the Band Configurator screen. See section 8.3.5, Other Tab for details.

You can also find information about the tunning process by searching on the Tuner Genius XL Tab under Genius Products…and if all else fails you can open a help request and Flex will walk you through the process…

There are 20 memories per band, and there are 9 antenna slots available per band when paired with AG.
    In total, there are 20 x 12 x 9 memory slots in TGXL memory = 2160"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.