Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic PTT Transmit question.

Options
KG5PTE
KG5PTE Member ✭✭

Hello. when I am using the Flex 6400 mic (Or in my case the Heil HS-2 PTT switch and the Shure Beta 58 Mic) where on the Maestro C do I choose the mic ? As of right now I have no Mic or PTT or anything plugged into the 1/8 jack in the back. I am using the Maestro with the Flex 6400 here in the shack and is plugged into my network switch.

Thank you

Answers

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

If you are still close enough to the radio, you will get the best audio, lowest latency, and greatest reliability by connecting the Mic, CW Keys, Speakers, Headphones, and PTT to the RADIO, rather than the Maestro.

Select "R-MIC" or "R-BAL" for the Mic input selection in the Maestro TX MENU.

If you are connecting a Mic to the Maestro's HDST jack, then you would select "HDST" from the TX MENU "Mic selection menu" on the left-hand side of the TX MENU.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I had the Maestro C in M-HDST last night during our 40 meter HF net. I have changed it to R-Mic (I think the R- mean radio). Yes the Radio and Maestro are right here in the shack next to one another. But yes I would rather key the mic plugged into the radio than the Maestro here in the shack. I believe the instructions are on page 183 and 184 in the manual. But wanted to make sure.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.