Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Delay: Saving the Setting

Options
WI9Q
WI9Q Member ✭✭

I changed the CW Delay setting, and thought it would save to the active profile, but it does not. On restarting, it is back to Zero.

How do I save the setting? I resaved the current Global profile, but that doesn't do it.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Per the SSDR software users guide, CW delay is not saved in a profile ( see profile tables in section 19 ).

But CW delay is a persisted value ( see persisted tables in section 18.7 ) meaning it is restored following proper SSDR/Maestro shut down/restart or radio reboot. It is also exported and restored following a factory reset.

AL, K0VM

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

When shutting off your Flex (6000 series, I assume…), do you use the front panel power button (or the REM ON jack)?

If you shut it down by shutting off the power supply, then persistent items will not likely save properly.

• WI9Q
    WI9Q Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Al and Len

I have tried shutting down SmartSDR via File|Menu and via window close. No change. I have shutdown via the front panel power button. No Change.

I should note that I can change other CW settings such as speed, pitch, sidetone volume, etc, and they persist 100%. When I change those same settings while changing CW Delay at the same time, after a software exit/restart, CW Delay does not persist while the others do.

This is on a Flex 6400, SSDR v3.5.9, Win11.

Is it time for a ticket?

Dave WI9Q

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dave, you might want to move up to V3.7.4. If that does not fix it, then submit a help desk ticket.

• WI9Q
    WI9Q Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Al and Len.

This is on a 6400. SmartSDR 3.5.9. SmartSDR on Win11.

I have tried software using File|Exit and window close, and front-panel shutdown with no success.

Please note, other settings such as CW Pitch, CW Speed, are all persisted. I have tried changing the CW Delay simultaneously with other settings and then cycle software. All other settings persist. CW Delay does not.

100% repeatable issue.

Ticket time?

Dave

• WI9Q
    WI9Q Member ✭✭
    Options

Upgraded to v3.7.4. No change.

Time for help desk intervention. Thanks All.

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you do a factory Reset to reset the persistence database ? It needs done Frequently for the radios to keep remembering settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.