Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No DIGU TX audio but digital mode TX audio shows when in USB

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited April 30 in SmartSDR for Mac

The problem started when setting up WSJTX with SSDR for Mac . So , I assumed I was just dumb when it came to my recent use of Mac OS and I went back to my trusty Windows machine . All worked well , making digital mode contacts yesterday and part of this morning . Then , suddenly , the same issue that I experienced with the Mac began on my Windows machine . No RF power in the RF Power meter, lots of nice audio shown in the level meter . I did the usual rebooting of the rig and the computer, still no audio transmitted . Dax shows the TX level

, the correct DAX channel is selected in SSDR , the correct TX DAX is selected in the digital mode software (I tried several ). .

Any ideas? I searched here and found past similar issues but no clear solutions . 

Update: I just discovered that I DO have transmitted audio IF I am in USB mode BUT NOT if in DIGU . What does that indicate ?

Andy

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Andy, it looks like DAXIQ is off. In the upper left hand side of SmartSDR, make sure that you have a DAXIQ channel selected

Go back to DIGIU mode, and make sure that DAX is on there and that you have a DAXIQ channel selected.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Len, I don't think the DAXIQ needs to be set to a channel unless using something like CW Skimmer. Anyway, I just set DAXIQ to 1 and that has not changed my problem. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Hmm, I may have spoken too soon. it seems fine now… Thanks. Now to try it with WSJTX.

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

No, I was wrong . It was "fine" because I was in USB, still not working in Digu.

Andy K3UK

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Options

Andy, Open up your phone window in the top of the radio panel. Set the tx filter to 100 on low cut and 3000 on the high cut, for starters. That alone will lock out 60m having the width set too high. LEN he doesn't need DAXIQ mine is none and i have never used my iq streams.

So make sure thats set and the phone window is showing. Then turn off your mic stream. You don't need that on DIGIU… what was the last thing I saw? BRB If tune is working make sure your wsjtx is selected to in "audio" DAX AUdio RX 1(Flexradio systems DAX audio) for input and DAX Audio TX (Flexradio Systems DAX TX) for output. I suspect you have the mic input selected and that goes kaput under DIGI U then also UNDER the radio selection in wsjtx have mode selected to data/pkt… Split operation to fake it. If you have it selected to USB; that also could be a problem. I forget to turn DAX off when going to SSB, I just use default as my profile… Hope this helps should be a 3 minute fix there buddy. Erika K0DD

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Now it is working fine again with no known changes from what wasn't working. I wonder if strange things happen to DAX operations when using SmartSDR and DAX on two different computers with different panadapters at same time on the same LAN ?

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I have two computers, same lan… two instances of SMart SDR running they are setup with the same dax and cat port numbers, but Computer B is setup to broadcast for logging where Computer A is a 127.0.0.1 Setup… I do use JT Alert one instance and I have not been able to get it to decode, it will log the second computer. Eventually I'll probably split the lan… I have a managed switch on it. DD

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Options

When DAX or CAT is brought up make sure in the UPPER window it shows the correct client you want it to access in the Station Window this shows CAT but DAX is the same.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Thanks Bret