Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Abort TX May Generate Hot Switching.

Options
Lasse SM5GLC
Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

Now that CW works on my FLEX with the new f/w (2.12.0), it would be even nicer to have the hot-switching go away. The amp is keyed by "TX2" and then generates "TX req". Delay is set to 25.

If I use CWX and use one of the preprogrammed memories, and then push ESC to halt transmission, this often (but not always) generates a complaint from my amp (Acom 2000A) that it sensed a hot-switching issue.

Yellow trace: RF out. Blue trace: TX req on my Flex 6500 (TX2 passing thru the amp)

Looking at timing the keying signal into the amp the un-key is pretty much instant as the RF is inhibited (100 us) as I am looking at the KEY-out (needed pull-up for trig) from the amp, the keying timing is even tighter. It would be nice if the inhibit of key signal could be delayed a bit, 1 ms would probalbly be more than enough.

Remember this issue happens ONLY when aborting CW transmisson using memory.

Final note; the measurement was done with-out the amp running, and the hot switching may (or may not) be true i.e. RF is still active when the logic TX signal is dropped. As we are talking micro seconds, this may very well be the case, but a lot harder to catch IRL on the scope.

Ohhh, forgot to mention the timing of the characters are a bit off… spaces are a bit too short vs the dot and dashes… The faster you go the worse it gets. Easys spotted when scope was running :)

/Lasse SM5GLC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.