Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6400 audio set up

Options
Hi just taken delivery of my 6400 and getting to know it, a bit different to my previous radio which was a 5000A which served me well for a couple of decades. One of the functions I used was VAC, as my PC has speakers I made use of them for the audio output. I have briefly looked through the manual and I am still getting to know the radio but I have not as yet discovered if anything similar is available on the 6400. Am I correct then in assuming that separate speakers are required for the audio output.

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use your PC speakers if you want. In the upper right-hand corner of the SmartSDR screen is the PC Audio button. Click it and you will get your receive audio from the PC speakers. I have to turn the Windows audio up to max and increase the volume level of the slice to get reasonable volume on my PC.

Note that the latency of audio in Windows is fairly high. For non-contest operations, this is probably fine.

For better audio, I would recommend getting powered speakers. I like the Creative T-10 speakers ($50 USD from Amazon), but they have an annoying feature that turns them off when there is too low of a signal input. I have a way around that if you decide to get these speakers. Others on this community like Bose speakers. I am sure there are many more brands/models that would suit your tastes and budget.

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like my AudioEngine A2+ powered speakers. However, 98 percent of the time I find the 6600M’s internal speaker entirely adequate.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI, there is no internal speaker on a 6400.

• Welshian
    Welshian Member
    Options
    Ok all sorted thanks to everyone, look out for more queries :*

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.