Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

REM on doesn't work

Options
oe2gen
oe2gen Member ✭✭
Hi!
Remote on doesn't work.
From one second to other second rem on doesn't work.

However, the relay circuit works.
The RCA plug for the REM ON socket is also short-circuited.

Of course “REMOTE ON” is enabled.

thanks, looking forward, any help is welcome.

73, Gery
OE2GEN, ....

Answers

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Gery:

I am not sure I understand: if you have your RCA plug shorted, then your FlexRadio should be "ON". Always.

It is good that you have enabled "REMOTE ON". This means when the REM RCA jack is open-circuited, your radio will turn off. When you short it (with relay) then your radio will turn on. For the first step, I want to make certain we both understand the operation of the REMOTE ON setting, and the operation of the REM RCA-jack.

If you are using your relay to open and close, and your radio is not turning off and on, then I can only suggest turning your radio off (manually) and restarting it.

(I use a Z-Wave switched-outlet, to control a Data Loggers relay which is connected to the REM RCA jack. It works for me when I send Z-Wave ON or OFF commands with an app on my phone).

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Also verify your 12 VDC supply is on.

Take an Ohm meter and verify the RCA male is shorted when you activate the remote on device. Some can be programmed to toggle on then off instead of latching on.

Screenshots of programming of various devices will help (radio and remote on device).

Dave wo2x

• oe2gen
    oe2gen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Gord and Dave for your answers.

But first of all, 12V voltage is of course available. Because the other devices such as rotor, Ant._Switch etc. are also supplied with it!

Remote on/off worked completely without any problems and from one day to the next I was no longer able to start the Flex remotely.

Of course I immediately measured with an ohmmeter whether the RCA was "short-circuited". It works!
    “Remote on” is also switched on on the Maestro and the SmartSDR.

I also used a new cable with a RCA plug. So it's not the power supply, relay, cable, ...

An exciting affair

vy tks, 73 de Gery
    OE2GEN, ....
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

export your profiles.

Shut down the radio, wait one minute, then remove DC cable for 30 seconds. Reapply DC with the Remote On cable unplugged. Press and hold power button until it turns white to do a factory reset.

Enable Remote On and shut the radio down with power button. Plug in the RCA cable and then turn on the remote device.

If it still does not work, try a shorted RCA connector. If you still have a problem open a Help Desk ticket.

• oe2gen
    oe2gen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Dave!
    Thanks for your support.
    Have done all your tips, but no solution, problems not solved. I think it's the best I open a ticket at FlexRadio?

tks, 73 de Gery
    OE2GEN, ....
  • oe2gen
    oe2gen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good day everyone!

It looks like I've found the error.

73, Gery
    OE2GEN, ....
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

hi Gerry,

looks like voltage may have been applied to that port. Maybe RCA from amp was plugged into the remote on by mistake?

Dave wo2x

• oe2gen
    oe2gen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it looks that way, but why?
    Nothing else was ever connected to the Rem On socket.
    It's a tricky situation, but solvable.

If I knew the value of the resistor I could replace it myself.
    But unfortunately I don't have any circuit diagrams or parts list for the Flex 6400.

73, Gery
    OE2GEN, ....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.