Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Solar ??

Options

This comes along every once in a while, solar, geo ? thanks KE0SYB

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dan, I get similar 20 - 30 dB above the noise (S8 - S9) carriers spaced out like yours. I don't usually get the wiggly wide bits. I cannot reduce them, even a little, with my ANC-4 noise canceller, so I don't think they are originating in my house. Mine seem to be 61 KHz apart on 20 meters. I have a bunch of small ones (5 - 8 dB above the noise) spaced about 10 KHz on 80 meters. I can't null these out either.

I have a bunch of smallish ones on 160 spaced at 20 KHz that I can null right out with the ANC-4, so I suspect these are wall-warts or other switching supplies in my house.

There are folks with solar in the neighborhood, but I can't be sure if that is the source. A couple of years ago I tried to correlate sunny days vs nighttime to see if there was a difference, but I couldn't see any particular pattern.

If I am having a QSO on top of one of these things, I usually just create a TNF and get rid of it that way.

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

Morning Len, thanks. these show up randomly any time of the day, not so much after the sun goes down. they move latterly. do not know if they are geophysical or solar. never seen a solar panel do this. its usually the inverter that makes the noise. catch you later. Daniel

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

another oddity, every band. this could be telemetry.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.