Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Quick Record, When Assigned to a Function Key, Doesn't Light the Key When Active

Options
Peter K1PGV
Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭

NICE that you can assign "Quick Record" and "Quick Playback" to one of the programmable Function Keys. Super helpful when trying to setup your mic profiles.

BUT, like the title says: When either Quick Record or Quick Playback is assigned to an Fx key, and the key is pressed, the key doesn't light to indicate that the function is active. This makes is harder than it should be to use these functions, given that there's no indication on the Maestro's default screen that (for example) Quick Record is in progress. Yes, I realize that I can touch the frequency and see it there.

The Fx button behavior for Quick Record/Playback is UNlike assigning, say, NR to one of the Fx keys: When you press the key, engaging NR, the key lights. You press it again, the light goes out.

Comments

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, Flex-folks. Is there something specific I need to do to get a bug filed for this? I kinda just expected somebody to see this and reply with a case number or something similar. It does look like a clear bug to me. Easy to repro at will.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Peter, submit a help desk ticket.

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ah! Sorry. Didn't realize that was the protocol.

Thank you. Done!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.