Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No CW Monitor Output in SSDR-iOS w/ CTR2-MIDI

Options
Russ Ravella
Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Hello and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I just bought Lynn's CTR2-MIDI device mentioned elsewhere on this forum. Great device (https://ctr2.lynovation.com/ctr2-midi); well thought out and made, light, small, versatile, easy to use, good price, fast excellent support. I bought it to facilitate CW with a physical key from my iPhone using SSDR for iOS.

I've got everything set up and working. I can see the spectrum display respond to keying so the radio is clearly transmitting, I have the "Side Tone" button in the CWX panel on with volume full and the same on the side panel. I can hear audio from the iPhone speaker, AirPods, Radiosport headphones plugged into the device, but no CW monitor tone. None using CWX directly or CW Macros either. I can turn the RF power to zero with no change so it's not RFI. Same problem in both my iPhone and iPad (both running 17.4).

When I first hit the key I get a very quick beep - the start of a side tone - then it stops until I quit and start again. I can't find anything in the iOS manual (which is getting pretty old) or on-line. Has anybody experienced this ? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Russ KR6W

6700 v3.7.4, iPhone/iPad v17.4, SSDR iOS v6.9.15 w/ latest data

Answers

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So I figured out this monitor problem.  Let me pass the solution along just in case someone else with the same issue finds this post.

It turns out there’s a menu item not described in the manual: left pop-out menu>Audio>Local Audio Monitor and this seems to pipe audio from the device mic into the monitor signal somehow. I was noticing I could sometimes hear a slight, very distorted version of the ambient sound when I should be hearing the sidetone.

So I tried turning this slider all the way down and BAM, the sidetone appeared ! I’m not quite sure what was going on since the proper function of that setting isn’t described in the manual but, at least for this purpose ya definitely want it OFF ! Unfortunately it’s set midway by default and since it didn’t seem related, I was just ignoring it.

I hope that helps someone. Russ KR6W

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.