Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WTB Logic board from MaestroA

Options
Lasse SM5GLC
Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

My MaestroA has developed a fatal problem that Flex service traced to faulty logic board. No sparepart is available at Flex, so I am looking for a trashed MaestroA but with (hopefully) a working logic board.

This is a long-shot but I hate to throw away an "almost" working Maestro :(

For the curious, the Maestro starts SSDR but says it developed a serious error and needs to restart. Panafall stops after 20 seconds, everything locks-up. Looking at the error messages, it might be something related to streaming audio.

There are more stories to tell about this Maestro, but I save that for a rainy day.

/Lasse SM5GLC

Comments

• Roger
    Roger Member ✭✭
    Options

Good day Lasse,

If you don't find a Maestro "A" for the parts you need I'd be interested in buying your broken Maestro for parts. I'm in the process of building a Teensy Maestro by Len, KD0RC and the salvaged rotary encoders and knobs from your defective Maestro would give me a perfect look and feel for my version of the Teensy.

I've been looking for a couple of years for a broken Maestro I could buy and yours is the first one I've ever seen listed, and I've never had any responses to several posting I've made of a couple of forums.

If you do decide to sell your Maestro "A" let me know your asking price shipped to the northeast United States.

73 and good DX,

de Roger, NK1I

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Roger, I'm glad to hear that you are building a TeensyMaestro! If you don't get a Maestro to steal parts from, the 600 PPR encoders from Amazon that I specify in the BOM have a REALLY good feel to them. Having played with a couple of friends' Maestros, I would say that the feel of my encoder is a little different; not better, not worse, just a bit different (I think "lighter" might be the way to describe it).

If you elect to go with the stacked (coaxial) encoders from the Maestro, be aware that you lose some buttons that would have to be implemented as stand-alone buttons. Not difficult at all, but with the encoders that I use, each one has a pair of pushbutton functions (short press and long press). On the other hand, you would save a bunch of panel space, even accounting for the 4 extra pushbuttons.

I specified detented encoders (except for the optical VFO units) and the Maestro has detentless encoders. I really like the feel of the Maestro encoders, and they should work well with the TeensyMaestro. Because I have a user definable parm to set the sensitivity of the encoders, I think that you will be able to get the feel that you want. If any of that proves to be problematic, let me know and I will look into what it would take to make it better.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Roger,

I not throwing in the towel just yet!

Very frustrating to see the Maestro boot and start the panafall, and then stop after a few seconds later stating a fatal error. I'll keep digging into this a bit longer to get it working. Not having a working board (or schematic) to look at signals makes it a challange, to say the least.

If not, I'll probably end up using the parts myself :)

Lasse SM5GLC