Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M control by another 6600M?

Options

A scenario came into my mind. Let's say I don't have my Maestro handy or it malfunctions or it is damaged. Can I connect two 6600M radios in order to connect one to the other? If so, how? If not, why not? (Elecraft will allow two K4 radios to do this soon enough.) Thank you.

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The front panel of the M model radios do not operate like the Maestro. They are connected to the radio internally by a local network connection. I have never seen a way that you could bypass the radio's internal connection and connect to another M model radio from another M model radio. Even given the scenario you presented, I cannot imagine why you would want to do that. If you have an iPhone or a tablet ( iPad or Windows tablet) you can easily setup and use those compared to trying to connect the front panel of one radio to another.

James

WD5GWY

not to be rude, but I will be surprised if Elecraft ever does implement such a feature in the K4 line. Either way, it is an expensive way to operate one radio from another.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.