Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spots in to Maestro ?

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

I am new to a Maestro and learning some of the intricacies. I’m trying to understand the ways “spots” can be sent so that they appear in the Maestro panadapter . I use Smarsdr for Mac, sometimes SSDR for Windows , and sometimes SSDR for iOS . It seems that spots that I see on my computer screen do not always make it over to the panadapter on the Maestro C. Case in point : Lots of spots made it over tonight from the CW portion of the band but none from the Phone portion ( the computer panadapter running SSDR Mac shows spots from the Phone section of the band ).

Andy K3UK

Best Answer

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on your new Maestro !

There are two things I can think of related to your question: 1) sometimes the software you're using to send spots filters them so only those that survive the filter criteria are sent. So you might check that software accordingly. I use Spot Collector from the DXLab Suite. It is easily the most powerful spot source software there is. That's partly because of its powerful spot aggregation and filtering capabilities and in my case, most of the spots it ingests intentionally don't survive to my Flex displays (including Maestro).

2) Notice in the "Spots" tab in the Maestro settings that you can adjust how many rows of spots are displayed. And notice in your screenshot here that "+3", "+5" and so on are displayed. Those indicate spots that did make it to your Maestro but are not shown because of that setting. If you select it by touching it, you'll see them. Obviously, the screen can only display so many so eventually with enough spots that indicator will appear no matter what your setting. That's a good reason FOR filtering your displayed spots by the way. Try to filter them so only the ones you actually care about are sent to the Flex in the first place. Hope that helps !

Russ KR6W

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Russ, I am a long time Spotcollector user but mostly have switched to SmarSDR for Mac these days and don't use Spotcollector as much. I think filtering is an issue that I have to investigate more but as far as I know I don't have aggressive filtering on at the moment. It seems that sometimes the Maestro receives spots from SmartSDR for Mac and sometimes it does not. I often run MacLoggerDX simultaneously with SmartSDR for Mac and I am still trying to figure out where the spots that do show up in the C are coming from.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.