Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius XL Issues

Options
Dr. T
Dr. T Member
My Tuner Genius XL has worked perfectly since installation. However, when broadcasting on any band after about 30 seconds, the Tuner Genius XL screens suddenly displays red and indicates SWR >10.1. I have retuned several times, obtaining an SWR of 1.1:1 only to have the window and warning reappear. I tried to reset the unit following p. 64 of the manual, however when pressing and holding the BYPASS/OPERATE button while turning the unit on does not give me the "Config Reset" message.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I would start by checking with low power operation. 5 watts. See if it happens.

if it only happens under high power then possibly something in your feed line or antenna system. Test under high power into a dummy load that can handle high power for longer key down time.

Years ago I had a G5RV antenna which used solid conductor 450 Ohm ladder line. From the wind, the conductor had a break in one leg of the ladder line but the plastic coating was intact so you could not see the problem. It was fine under lower power but would cause arcing and high SWR at legal limit.

73 Dave wo2x

• Dr. T
    Dr. T Member
    Options
    All antennas connections are good. The problem also occurs when changing from the vertical the dipole. The reset options on p. 64 of the manual does not work. It seems all indicators point to the problem with Tuner Genius.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Open a Help Desk ticket then.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.