Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT options

Options
andrewket
andrewket Member ✭✭
I received my Maestro C last week and I have a radiosport RS55SL headset coming tomorrow which does not have a built in PTT switch (I wish it did). I’m curious what people are using for PTT in similar configs? I normally don’t use a foot pedal. When I use SmartSDR on the PC I just use the mouse or an assigned keyboard key.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I am using the RadioSport hand PTT switch with right angle RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

Dave wo2x

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

I made my own "thumb-Switch" with a spring-return center-off toggle switch mounted in a "Tic-Tac" mint case. Then scrounged up an RCA cable from an old VCR and used that to connect to my FlexRadio.

In order to use it with my Maestro, I use the Right-Angle RCA to 1/8 inch mono adapter.

I made another thumb-switch using a push-button switch mounted in a 4-inch length of PVC pipe.

Both switches work great.

For a footswitch, I use an industrial cast aluminum footswitch that I got from eBay. They were 2 for $16 when I bought them 10 years ago. I still haven't broken the first one. I wired it up to my own RCA Cable.

TEMCo Aluminum Foot Switch 10A SPDT NO NC Electric Power Pedal Momentary New CNC | eBay

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I 3D printed one,

It uses a Keyboard switch so should last a LONG time

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.