Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What do I do with past versions of SmartSDR?

Options

Version 3.7.3 is out now, but I'll wait to update until I'm sure what to do. Do I delete (uninstall) the previous versions or leave them alone. Also the same for desktop icons. I have no plans to ever use them again but what is recommended? I thought maybe the new version would delete older versions but they don't. Thanks for any help anyone can give. Ken. K5GI

Best Answers

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Once I'm satisfied that the new version is working OK, I uninstall the old version using Control Panel. I leave the "FlexVSP" alone. I also keep a copy of the previous version's installer just in case.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ken, I just remove the old shortcuts from my desktop so I don't accidentally invoke them. Otherwise, I leave everything alone.

Answers

• knewberry
    knewberry Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Len and Jim, That's what I needed to know. 73 Ken K5GI

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I meant to also note that the uninstall process (thru Control Panel) took away the old shortcuts, too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.