Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the ATU for SO2R

Options

I’m trying to understand how to use the ATU in my 6600 when operating SO2R.

Per the manual, when in Memory Mode the ATU will “store and recall L/C values for frequency ranges per antenna port automatically” and that works fine. 

I can also put the ATU in Bypass and have it offline for both antenna ports.

What I would like to do is have the radio’s ATU active and in Memory Mode for antenna port 1 and have it in Bypass for antenna port 2, as I have an external ATU I want to use on that second port. Is this possible? I’ve not been able to figure out a direct way to accomplish it. It doesn’t appear that ATU functionality is associated with either persistence or profiles.

One idea I thought of was to clear all the ATU memories and then reprogram them only for antenna port 1. It seems like this might keep the ATU offline for port 2 as it would have no memories to call up. It would, of course, be a ton of work, and the first time I accidentally hit the ATU button while TX is assigned to port 2, I would end up with the ATU engaged for port 2 for at least a partial range of frequencies. Which is probably how I got to where I am today.

I’m using SSDR 2.10.1 (probably upgrading to 2.12.0 soon).

Tim K9WX 

Tagged:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.