Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Issues!!!

Options

I have been operating the ARRL DX Contest this weekend. I started to get a High SWR Reading detected from the PGXL. It was not on the PGXL Screen, but it was on my computer screen. Also, for some reason when I operate CW the PGXL Software Screen that shows the ID sometimes goes up to 30. And that has never happened before. Also the power output it going from 100 to 1200 and I am using 40 watts drive. This is the first time that this has occurred. I sent my PGXL in for service a couple of months ago. It came back working just fine.I also operated the RTTY Contest last weekend, and everything was normal. I don't understand what is going on. Mark KB3Z

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

High reflected alarm can be due to TX Delay not set correctly.

SmartSDR TX Delay, try 30 ms.

Also was this happening sending from macros or key, or both?

73 Dave wo2x

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Dave,

I do not run Macros. That is a little too advanced to me. I will have to look how to set the TX Delay.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave,

When I opened the radio TX Setting the Delay was set to 0. I have now set it to 30. On the web it says 40. Hopefully this will solve the issues. Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

I also notice that there are times that the power output on the PGXL Front Screen could be a bit different then what is shown on the PGXL App on my computer. Maybe, I should just minimize the App and go by what is being shown on the PGXL Front Screen.

Mark KB3Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.