Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M front speaker issue

Options
Rob_K8YV
Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭
edited February 15 in Amateur Radio Interests

Well here is one for everyone.

I get interference when using other rigs in the shack.

the rig has power but not turned on.

If i tx on the 5110 or yeasu 101 the speaker makes strange noises

but if i turn on the 6600m there is nothing, just turned on no front panel or sdr running.

drove me crazy finding it.

it's like Rf getting into the rig. but my Rf meter a greefkit lol shown nothing even when turn up.

Nothing else is doing this.

Rob K8YV

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

We would need to know more about your setup, but it sounds like you have RF in the shack when you should not.

Are you using an EFHW antenna? If so, does it have a counterpoise outside that is greater then 1/4 wave of your lowest operating frequency. This is required, regardless of what anyone says, to ensure the RF stays off the coax.

It is also a good idea to have chokes on the feedline from the antenna.

If this isn’t your issue, it might be a ground issue (no ground or floating ground).

That is some of the more common solutions.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Rob, to add to what Mike said, start unplugging things from the 6600M one by one until the problem stops. This will likely be the entry point of the RFI.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.