Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does SmartSDR Have Key-Mapping?

Options
I was hoping to make good use of my 32-Button StreamDeck in SSDR and was wondering is there a KeyMap for all (or any) of the functions/commands within the software?

For example if pressing the letter "M" on the keyboard toggled through the modes, I could assign that to one of my StreamDeck buttons.

Thanks, Tom.

Best Answer

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ensure that the port in my SD profile is the same as you are using. But anyway, as you rightly say, I posted it more to show how commands are structured so that you can make your own more easily.

73 de Erik.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Tom, no, there is no keyboard key mapping in SmartSDR. However, a lot of folks have successfully interfaced StreamDeck boxes to their Flex radios. I believe that they do it using FRStack3 software and its ability to assign keyboard hot keys.

• TOM_M7MCQ
    TOM_M7MCQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks - I'll checkout FRstack then.

Appreciate your help.

73, Tom.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, FRStack fully supports the StreamDeck devices, including the Plus model. There are many threads discussing how to configure it with examples, but if you need help just ring the bell.

73, Max

• TOM_M7MCQ
    TOM_M7MCQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Great! Just downloading now. Found a profile by EI4KF but it doesn't function properly on my pc but I think it may help me build my own.

Thanks guys.

Tom.
  • TOM_M7MCQ
    TOM_M7MCQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    THANKS TO ERIK's amazing work, I have managed to begin putting a profile together.

https://tommcquiggan.blogspot.com/2024/02/streamdeck-flex6300.html
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Tom - thank you for your comments and notes about the Profile. For the benefit of others I have updated the file on Dropbox. Some of the problems you reported were due to an oversight on my part which, I hope, have been corrected.

So anyone wanting to avoid re-inventing the wheel when it comes to programming your 32 button StreamDeck, my Profile with correct plug-in plus documentation is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j7jozsvtue4l9m/EI4KF%20Stream%20Deck.zip?dl=0

Erik EI4KF.

• TOM_M7MCQ
    TOM_M7MCQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Erik, I have updated my Blog Page to include a link to your revised profile.

Thanks again for your valuable contribution.

73, Tom.
    www.m7mcq.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.