Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX will not show any TX options for WSJTX

Options
DonD
DonD Member
Win 11, SmartSDR/Dax/Cat 3.6.8
CAT works. PTT Works. Setting up WSJTX. Decode works fine. RX is set to DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1. In the drop down menu to choose TX there is no TX option. DAX TX STEAMING IS BLUE. MIC STREAM IS BLUE, RX STREAM US BLUE. Flex keys for emit but no audio. How do I enable the TX function to show in the dropdown. Thanks

Answers

• km8v
    km8v Member ✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

You don't have an option for "DAX Audio TX" in the dropdown in WSJT-X? There's only one, it's not numbered like the RX DAX devices.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do not use any "DAX RESERVED AUDIO" port. It says "reserved" for a reason - it is only to be used by SmartSDR for internal functions. Instead, use the DAX Audio RX 1 (or 2, 3, etc.) as shown by KM8V for interfacing to other software.

73, Craig KØCF

• DonD
    DonD Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the answers. The issue is I do not see any choice for "TX". The screen shot shows my dropdown (in two parts) from the WSJTX menu (Settings>Audio). I have uninstalled and reinstalled both SmartSDR 3.6.8 as well as WSJTX 2.6.1. I have successfully run the Flex/WSJTX/SmartSDR in the past on this radio, but the radio has been factory reset since that time so I am starting from scratch again. This is also Win11 now running on a new laptop. Please see the screen shots. Thanks Don
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Don, submit a helpdesk ticket. Flex Support will know what to do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.