Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 2 Independent bcd slice 1 and slice 2 ?

Options
iz8eyp
iz8eyp Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
Hello Users, I'm playing these days with a Flex 6400 remotely and I'm trying to understand if I can use 2 independent control for band data like: slice 1 bcd 1 and slice 2 bcd 2 this in order to control different BPF and can make a sort of SO2R not in full duplex that is a task of flex 6600..
Does anyone made this experiences on that ?
Regards

Comments

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Node Red can be used to get info on the two open slices. The flow would get the band and then it could select the desired BPF via output relays.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

One note - the 6400 has only one SCU, so only one receive antenna can be active at a time. SO2R using just the 6400 with two different band pass filters (one for each slice) is not possible. You would need a dual SCU radio such as 6600 or 6700.

Dave wo2x

• iz8eyp
    edited February 2
    Options
    Hello both and tks for answers, I know Dave that the 6400 has just one SCU but my question was : In case I open slice 1 on antenna 1 and slice 2 on antenna 2 the radio is able to receive signal right? So if I can get BCD out independently from A and B then I can inject this on my BPF and not doing a real SO2R but transmit intermittency (like duelling) on 2 bands . Am I right or not ? 73s
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 3
    Options

No, both slices need to be on same RX antenna since only one SCU.

Dave wo2x

• iz8eyp
    Options
    Ok got it ! Tks and 73 s for clarification

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.