Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.6.8 and DAX

Options

I downloaded 3.6.8 to my FLEX 6400 and I operate a 2 year old PC having Windows 11.

I'm sitting on 10.136 wanting to work FT8. DIGU is on. But DAX is misbehaving and therefore WSJT-X is showing just blank screens. So, I'm dead in the water.

DAX won't turn blue on Slice A of the RX Stream no matter what I try, including making sure in the PC computer's System Settings/Sound/All Sound Devices that I have selected Allow on DAX Output Devices "DAX Audio TX" and on DAX Input devices "DAX Audio RX 1." Those are each 2 channels, 24 bit, 4800 Hz (Studio Quality).

Those are all the settings I know how to set. Still, DAX RX Streams #1 Slice A remains yellow.

Can anyone guide me please? What else do I set or try?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Soderquist N0KDI

Sibley, Iowa / Mesa, Arizona

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Paul, also while you're at it DAX RX1 and 2 and TX you might desire to change those to 1 channel instead of 2... along with the other settings. Erika DD

• PFSOD
    PFSOD Member ✭✭
    Options

OK friends. I got my answer from my friend Erika K0DD in Iowa. I re-set the DAX Audio TX and DAX Au7di9on RX1 & 2 to "Don't Allow." Many thanks Erika. 73

N0KDI

• ka1jy
    ka1jy Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a similar problem with windoze 11. My DAX channel 3 is red. Looking at the windoze control panel audio device manager I don't see any bar-graph meter on that channel and no settings for level etc. Isn't showing any error but it isn't working. Also there is an error on startup of the DAX saything something about putting in a help desk ticket or whatever. Not very helpful. Stange because I rarely use more than 2 DAX channels. Not that it matters much. I re-installed the driver but didn't uninstall first. Uninstalling and re-installing seems obnoxious considering this is probably some sort of setting. I don't know that setting "disallow applications" in the win11 sound manager makes any sense. Seems exactly backwards. I thought perhaps some other app had allocated the device but there is no indication of it being in use. Since I am not using the channel it does not appear to hurt anything but it is annoying.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

windoze???

• ka1jy
    ka1jy Member ✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

Yep. windoze it is. I am aware of how to pluralize window but I choose to editorialize in the process. zzzzzzzzzz.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is your choice certainly, but it seems childish to me.

My $0.02...

• ka1jy
    ka1jy Member ✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

Yawn - Some people just aren't happy unless they are 'starting something'. Good luck with your 2 cents. Just my opinion.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.