Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex5000A connection to a MacBook Pro

Options
I recently acquired a Flex 5000A and my MacBook Pro has a firewire port so I am asking what legacy software I would need to hook this thing up? The MacBook is around 2011 vintage. Please Advise...
Duane
Tagged:

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe there is any software for the MAC and the Flex 5000A. You might be able to run PowerSDR using Parallels. But, what kind of problems you might encounter may make it a lot of trouble getting things to work correctly.

I don't think the Flex Firewire driver would be compatible with the Firewire interface in the Mac either.

Please post what you are able to do to get this going ( if you do).

James

WD5GWY

• NY2A
    NY2A Member ✭✭
    Options

This might be a duplicate post. I just posted, but it seems not to have uploaded.

I have successfully run a Flex 3000 with a Mac Mini and KE9NS under Boot Camp. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a MacBook Pro and 5000A.

I actually purchased a used Mac Mini exclusively for this purpose a while back in to work portable Since the Mini has both native Firewire as well running natively on 12VDC, it allowed me remove the Mini's internal AC power supply and then rewire the internal connections directly to leads connected to a battery.

Goocd luck and let us know how it turns out.

73 de Tony NY2A

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that KE9NS software works fine when run on Mac Mini under Boot Camp.

Tom

• Duane E
    Duane E Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding, I found another source of Mac software called Dog Park. It was around several years ago so I'm asking them if they have a legacy version. It can be setup for remote service I believe. I'll post what I find on this and I have KE9NS up on the screen now. If you have links to the software post em Tony. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.