Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

UR3LMZ Transverter on 70 CM Operation

Options
snacey0103
snacey0103 Member ✭✭
edited January 20 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have gotten the UR3LMZ Transverter working on 2 meters with my 6400 and Windows SmartSDR! I am now working to get things working for 70CM.

The transverter itself works on 70CM with a 28MHz IF but has "quirks" - to say it nicely.

Relative to the way SmartSDR interprets the transverter, the displayed frequency in the SDR panadaptor when using this product always reads 3 MHz higher than the actual frequency the unit is operating on and, in addition, when changing frequency the actual frequency of operation moves in the opposite direction from the panadaptor displayed frequency.

To make this more concrete (all frequencies in MHz):

Actual Operating Freq: 432.000  432.100  432.200  432.300  432.400 Etc.

Panadaptor Frequncy: 436.000 435.900  435.800 435.700 435.600 Etc.

This behavior is specific to 70CM - It works as expected on 2M.

So, my questions are:

• Is there a way to both alter the math used for transverter configuration to account for the 3 MHz offset in actual vs indicted frequency? and
  • Is there a way to change the behavior of frequency display in a SmartSDR panadator to reverse the direction of the displayed frequency?

Thanks for any help.

Scott, KK6IK

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Scott, this sounds odd...

Can you post a picture of your 70cm XVTR settings?

• snacey0103
    snacey0103 Member ✭✭
    Options

@KD0RC Len, I will provide the pic of my XCVR settings today. I have been concentrated on getting Direwolf working on 2 meters and now that I have done so, I will get things working on 70 CM. Stand by.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.