Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band Configurator

Options
WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭

I must be setting up something wrong..... I can't get the band configurator screnn to come up....

The screen pops up, but there are no bands listed with the antennas......just blank.

Comments

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    Options

Fixed

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How did you fix it?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

In TG XL Genius Integration tab you must enter the IP of the Antenna Genius (TG v1.1.20/AG v3.1.5) or s/n of AG from pull-down (TG v1.2.11/AG v4.1.7)

Dave wo2x

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

It was interesting.....

I knew the TGXL was communicating with the AG, because the AG changed antennas based on the data sent to it by the Flex 6600 to the TGXL....(and the TGXL was set to communicate with the AG).

So, it did not make sense that the Band Configurator was not displaying the antennas.

An additional symptom was that the TGXL was not saving the tuner setting for each antenna.

I right clicked on the AG "Gear" icon and selected Device Information, and looked at the IP Address under the Network Information heading, I will call this IP "A"......then I checked the IP address found within the "Configured Device" section of the AG, It had a different IP. (I was surprised they did not match), I will call it IP "B". So, I changed the "Configured Device IP "B" to match the IP "A", and I deselected DHCP, so it became a a static IP (my preference).....I had to change IP "B" because IP "A" was not able to be modified, it was display only.

Then I checked the IP address within the TGXL Device Setting, Genius Configuration tab. It was set to IP "B" (as I expected). So, I changed it to IP "A".

I also deselected DHCP on the TGXL (which was not related to the problem, I just wanted everything to be Static)

After all 3 IP's matched (all set to IP"A"), the antennas were displayed in the Band Configurator....

I have no idea why the AG had two IP's associated with it......

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

AG gets freq info from Flex, not TG. When you set up AG configure you fill in Flex info for ports A and B.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

That is why in SmartSDR, you will see pop up in lower right with connection from any Genius device to radio. The AG to TG XL only sends antenna and band info from AG to TG XL for tuner memories. TG does not send freq info back to AG.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.