Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink test fails

Options
P V P
P V P Member ✭✭
Hi! I´m a proud owner of a FlexRadio 6400.
Using the domestic internet network it works perfectly remotely (inside my home), but the SmartLink test returns the red button, and on the WAN side reports -1 and -1 Any suggestions?
73s Pere EA3HK
Tagged:

Comments

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Pere,

Are you sure you opened ports ?, your router supports UPNP and you not behind IPV6 and/or double-nat ..

In either case...it will not work...

There are hundreds of posts around this subject in the forum..read them...

Harry

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What network and modem/router is being used at both your location and the remote?

• P V P
    P V P Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, thanks for taking your time to solve my issue.
    I had tested different modems from different QTH and internet providers, all with the sane results to my dismay, a red dot when testing SmartLink.
    At my QTH use a 600/300 Mbs Vodafone router where are connected via RJ45 my home appliances including my Win10PC and FLEX-6400 radio for initial testing, now is setup at my remote QTH
    At the remote ( far side ) my provider is also Vodafone but via LTE modem 4G/5G at an avg speed of 100/50 Mbs, connected to a TpLink 16x port Gigabit Switch, where are connected a Win10 PC, remotely controlled using a subscription to RemotePC, fiscally my FLEX-6400, CCTV cams, Rotator systems, automation to watering my crops as this site is located in a rural property, 4K TV, all working flawlessly but my FLEX-6400
    On all my PCs obviously are running Smart SDR V3.5.9, DAX same V, CAT same V, all properly registered using my FR account. Normally I use my iPad running Smart SDR for iOS when not at home.
    Respect the previous reply if I’m sure to open ports, what ports are you referring to? I registered DAX but nobody ask me to open ports, as My network settings are selected to AUTO.
    Appreciate your answers
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

3 questions you need to ask:

• What is your WAN IP address? https://whatismyipaddress.com/
    • Does your router support uPNP?
    • Did you follow all the steps in Chapter 9 of the SmartSDR manual including the PTT registration?

Log into your Router and look at the uPNP tables and see if you see any entries for the radio.

Please answer those 3 questions first.

• P V P
    P V P Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Mike, nice you take my issue
    My IP Address is:

IPv4: ? 62.101.164.189
    IPv6: ? Not detected
    My IP Information:
    ISP: Vodafone Ono S.A.
    City: Tarragona
    Region: Catalunya

I ignore even what is an uPNP, sorry. At the Home side is a Vodafone branded model Technicolor_TC7230

and at the remote side I'm using Mercusys - MB110-4G, Router 4G SIM, LTE CAT4, Wi-Fi 300Mbps connected to a 16 port Switch. The radio site is here at the remote side.

Yes I followed SmartLink Quick Start Guide for SmartSDR for Windows to my best knowledge- I pressed the PTT mic on local SmartLink pane, then it returned -Configured for SmartLink- and below Network settings , Automatic in blue, and Test button return me always red dot
  • P V P
    P V P Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can change my LTE modem for another more suitable if that could help. As I regularly use my iPad under SmartSDR for Ios I find no reason messing with my home router Technicolor_TC7230.
    Then after second thoughts I'm going to send you the IP from my remote LTE modem asap
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please open a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.