Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Crackling Noise on Headphone ( 5000a )

Options

HI all,

on my beloved 5000a i have problem:

When listening via the Headphone or line out , there are frequent , random crackles to hear. Especially in CW , very few in SSB. Nothing when using VAC and listening via the PC . Is that any known issue..and is there a cure for it. I turned more into CW lately and would really like to use the 5000a with the attached SSPA more instead of the big set with the ftdx/tube amp . Also, due to delays at higher cw speed, i would rather like the headphone instead of the VAC..which sometimes is slower than the DX answers...

The cracling is similar to the crackling that comes with the new series radios when using a bad graphics card ( mostly Intel internal ) on laptops.. The radio here is a desktop and no issues with the 6K4 at all.

Harry

DL9NDW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.