Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR doesn't see my radio on same network, was working

Options
WY5PER
WY5PER Member ✭✭
edited January 2 in Networking
Using SmartSDR 3.4.24 and everything was working fine a couple weeks ago. Everything is on the same network. I have all the Flex apps set to pass through the firewall, I can ping the radio, and I can telnet it and get back info, in my network I can see the radio connected. But smart SDR can't see the radio on PC, or iOS? I tried updating to 3.5.9, but same issue. I am logged in to Smartlink, but no radio?

Best Answer

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi ... is your pc located close to your radio (or can they be)? If so, is there any way you can directly connect your PC and the radio? That might help determine if we have a problem with the radio or with the network.

Another thing to try is a full factory reset of the radio (remember to back up your profiles first!). Then see if the two can connect...

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe something on your PC blocks ?.

We had that issue a while ago with swedish guy, where AVAST blocked the radio´s packets .

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If you are on the same network, then you should not use SmartLink. It is only for remote operation.

• WY5PER
    WY5PER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    OK, I connected the radio to the computer and after a while it found it with multiple reboots of computer, uninstall of SmartSDR and reinstall, and a reset of the radio. Put it back on network and nothing on PC or iOS.

So I pulled my computer off of wifi and ran a cable from the computer to my router/switch. Radio connects fine, unplug cable to computer, nothing again, plug it in radio is back. For some reason, the radio is connecting to the network, just not going over the wifi? But also I can't connect via Smartlink on iOS on the network, or off the network. Phone or iPad doesn't see the radio either way? Not sure I had Smartlink working to begin with, I only operated iOS on the network I think.

Maybe network problems I guess? I will keep playing with it.
  • WY5PER
    WY5PER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Restarted my wifi access point (which is separate from the router/switch) and now the computer and iOS are working on wifi. But still no Smartlink. I will have to dig into Smartlink setup, I don't think I ever got it to work yet.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Does your router allow setting up a guest WiFi in addition to main WiFi? If so, you might be connecting via WiFi to the guest network which is separate than main network.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is a good time to take a moment and tell us the actual IP address of the radio and the actual IP address of the computer.

Doing so tells the entire story and makes it much easier to solve.

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭
    Options

Two routers? Is one in bridge mode? Could dhcp be running on both? Is there wifi on both the mentioned “wifi access point” and the “router/switch”. Knowing the IP addresses of every component and the subnet masks would help. IP address of the IOS devices also (which are wifi only).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.