Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot permanently assign the antennas

Options
EA8DIG
EA8DIG Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Antenna Genius

Foklks,

I am struggling to assign the antenna in the following situation:

(Flex 6600+Flex Power Genius + Flex Tuner Genius + Antenna Genious; Antennas: Steppir DB36 (40-10m), DB18 (40-10m) and RR-33 (20-10m).

Running 4 slices.

I want the following to work:

INPUT A

• Slice A: DB36 on 40m - no issues, assigned and stay OK

INPUT B

• Slice B: DB18 on 20m - keeps changing to the RR-33m on TX although showing the DB18 on RX
  • Slice C: RR-33 on 15m - sometimes keeps changing to the RR-33m on TX although showing the DB18 on RX
  • Slice D: RR-33 on 10m - sometimes keeps changing to the RR-33m on TX although showing the DB18 on RX

Other combinations are possible (C and D OK, but B changes on TX), yet I cannot get the stability, except for one odd day...

Spent hours reading the manual and experimenting. Sometimes it works, but hen the slices B C D start chaging antennas....

Is there a way to fix the assigned antennas ?

Thank you.

Comments

• EA8DIG
    EA8DIG Member ✭✭
    Options

On the video I made an error in the desciption - slice B should be on DB 18 but it changes to RR-33.....

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did not watch your video but If I am understanding what you are trying to do, using one antenna on slice A, input A, that is fine, but it seems you are trying to use 2 different antennas on Input B for slices B, C and D.

If that is what you are trying to accomplish it cannot be done. The 6600 has two SCUs and can only have one antenna per SCU, period. The AG is such a nice product and greatly simplifies antenna selection per in put and band but again should only allow you to select just one antenna for each for A & B, period.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.