Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power on 6m FT8

Options

I read an old post regarding power on 6 meters, but couldn't find it. I have a 6400 and in 6m it's not going over 50 watts. In all other bands radio is giving the full 100 watts. I know on FT8 we don't need that much power, but nonetheless I want to find out what could be happening.

The set up is a 6400, TGXL SO2R, AG 2x8 and the antenna is a YU7EF 5 elements.

Anyone experienced the same?

73, Santiago

HI8O

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Santiago... have you tried other modes (CW, USB) on 6m? Have you tried it on a dummy load on 6m?

The results may give us a clue to help out.

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

Hello Don. On CW/USB/FM it's the same behavior. Unfortunately the radio is in a remote site and I don't have a dummy load there (will put one next time I go after the holidays).

73, Santiago

HI8O

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ok, thanks Santiago... since (As Far As I Know) the power amplifier unit is the same for all bands, I suspect this is either an antenna problem, or possibly something in the ATU (if there is one installed).

At this point, it might be best to submit a Help Desk ticket to get the Flex folks involved. They have excellent diagnosticians!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.