Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX6300 FIRMWARE

Options

WHAT VER OF SMARTSDR WORKS WITH THE 6300.?

THANKS

CHARLES

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Charles, you can use 2.10.1 or 3.5.9. There is also a version 1 revision, but hopefully you are past that.

If you are licensed for version 3, use 3.5.9. If version 2, use 2.10.1.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

It all has to do with what version the radio is licensed for. Start the 6300, then open 3.5.9 of SmartSDR. If it wants you to pay for an upgrade, then the radio is licensed at version 2 or 1 and you will need to go to the Flex web site and download the latest of whatever version you are on.

If it wants you to upgrade, but not to pay for it, then do the upgrade and you are good to go.

Answers

• Charles
    Charles Member ✭✭
    Options

THANKS VERY MUCH.. I HAE A 6400 AND SAW A 6300 FROM 2014 VINTAGE I THINK.

SOUNDS LIKE I CAN JUST REINSTALL VER 3.5.9 AND OFF AND RUNNING OR IS THE FIRMWARE DIFFERENT?

CHARLES

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Version of Firmware 3.5.9 download is exactly identical whether it is for a 6300 or a 6600. Just the radios will have different features. The 6600 adds more preselection and dual SCU (receivers), "Diversity" and wider band capabilities.

sw Bill, NE1B

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.