Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to Initially Populate Spots in Mac SmartSDR?

Options

Folks, I am stumped. When I first open Mac SmartSDR and connect to a DXcluster for spots, I like to collect some spots to populate my panadapter rather than wait for them to trickle in. In a cluster app, I would use a command like "sh/dx/100" to grab the last 100 spots. I have tried and tried to figure out how to do this in Mac SmartSDR unsuccessfully. What is the trick to this? Has anyone done this? This would generally be with an AR-Cluster server.

73, Steve AK0M

Comments

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Steve

yes....you can .... you need to create a new cluster server

i use VE7CC a lot so created a VE7CC ( Show 10)

you can see in the initial Command line i added teh command show/dx/10/

need to knw the exact command for cluster tye you are using

Paul K3SF

• Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    Options

Paul, thanks, the screen shot was really helpful. But that is exactly the setup I have (other than call) and it doesn't work for me. I get spots, but only new ones. I have never been able to get anything in the Initial Command field to produce results. Although it works fine if I connect directly to the cluster through any of my other programs. I have also tried on several Macs, a couple different iPads, and my iPhone... none seem to work. It IS tricky to figure out what Type each telnet server is though.... I still don't have a good understanding of how to do that.

73, Steve

• Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone have this working?

I would expect that adding "sh/dx/100" into the Initial Command box, then clicking Start, would fill my pan adaptor with the last 100 spots immediately. I see none, only new ones as they trickle in.

Steve AK0M

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

Depending on the cluster I think you can do a 'sh/fdx/100' and it send the older spots formatted differently.

Michael, AA5SH

• Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone have this working? I am still unsuccessful. Using the same command strings that work fine through a direct telnet connection, but they don't work from within the DX Cluster feature.

To summarize, when I start the DX Cluster feature, I want it to download the last 100 spots in order to populate the panadaptor with recent spots.

Steve AK0M