Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Running N3JFP (ACL) with a Flex 6400 (DX Spots)

Options

Can any help me get my call signs to show in my Flex 6400 scope ? I had them working before but now they are no longer showing

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry if this seems obvious James, but do you have Spots enabled under your Settings menu?

Also, I don't know about N3JFP (ACL), but I support spots by running FRStack connected to my radio. Is this what you are using?

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes spots is toggled on and N3JFP is in there too.And yes I run FR Stack too.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yet one more reason to run SSDR for MAC.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ok, so is ACL short for N3JFP's Amateur Contact Log? If so, I don't know this software, but is it trying to generate Spots as well? If so, it could be overriding/conflicting with FRStack.

Unfortunately, I don't have my Flex at the moment, so I can't access FRStack to show you the config settings for spots there, but maybe someone else running FRStack can chime in?

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok I now running my Flex 6400 without FR Stack and N3JFP ACL lets see what I get.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes ACL is short for N3JFP Amateur contact log.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi James, Just to be sure, this is the screen in SmartSDR to enable spots (I think you probably have this right):

And this is the N3FJP Settings, DX Spotting screen:

It needs to be enabled and you need to be connected to a Telnet Host that is either free or that you have a subscription for. Occasionally mine moves to a different Telnet Host and I have to move it back to VE7CC. Note that you have to disable spots in N3FJP to select a different Telnet Host. Then enable them again once you have the Telnet Host selected.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

I take a look meanwhile this is what N3JFP wrote me back and I quote.

Hi James,

Thanks for your e-mail. The only setting in AC Log (aside from enabling DX Spotting) is to select the Flex API option on the rig interface form. AC Log just hands the spots to Flex's DLL and the Flex software does the rest. There have been no changes to that code in our software whatsoever, so if you continue to have trouble, you might want to ping the Flex folks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.