Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On my Flex 6600M where can I access a PTT output signal to activate my W6LVP t/r switch.

Options
Don't see anything specific on this in Flex manual.

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi John, it is the TX1 - TX3 outputs that you need. Typically, you would use TX1. In the Band Settings screen, select TX1 for the bands that you want the T/R switch active.

Answers

• John Reves
    Options
    Thanks OM. I should be able to figure it with that info. I'm a VERY old timer learning how to to use the complex capabilities of this new toy. Haven't had an opportunity to get my tower up or get any wire in the trees. Want to avoid frying the preamp in my mag loop receive-only antenna. Don't know if I'll ever use more than one designated transmitter but the thought occurrs to me that if multiple transmitter designations are possible that it might be possible to inadvertently manage to produce RF output via the other transmitter options which might damage my loop preamp. Any thoughts on that matter.

Thanks for your quick response!
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi John, One thing you will want to do is set up a transmit profile if you haven't already done so. The Band Settings are kept there. For my modest operation, I just have one transmit profile, but you can have as many as you need.

If you leave it at Default, it may get overwritten with new versions of SmartSDR.

Before I understood this, I burned out the fuse in a phasing type noise reducer. Since I set up my transmit profile, I have not had any issues.

Go through all bands and verify that your transmit profile is selected.

If you set up global profiles, be sure to verify that your transmit profile is selected before saving them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.