Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stuttering CW

Options
2»

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The new versions have always been worthwhile to me. I will pay the $200 upgrade fee on the day it is available. I didn’t pay $5,000+ for a radio to save $200 on a software upgrade.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Trucker

I know what an NDA is. ;-) I misunderstood.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do a Google search for Woodbox Radio S meter. There is a version floating around that works great with SmartSDR. Plus, it looks as good as the one in the Icom and Kenwood radios.

It's pretty easy to get going. ( there may still be a link to it here in this forum )

James

WD5GWY

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Trucker I've had that for a long time. The one integrated into SmartSDR was far superior. There were many other enhancements. My pea brain just can't remember them.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh, no doubt there could be improvements. I like the meter options in Thetis for the Anan radios. Not only do they look good, they provide a lot of useful information for things like setting up microphone audio, ALC, and many other useful features. It would be nice to see something like that added to SmartSDR. But, if I had a choice in the matter, I would prefer Flex Radio fix basic features instead of adding what some may consider eye candy and not real improvements to the core system in SmartSDR that effects us all.

But, after years of waiting for those improvements to basic functions, I seriously doubt that Flex Radio cares any longer about things like the ANF, Noise Reduction, All Mode Squelch, and for those of us who have radios with dual SCU's, Phase Cancelation in Diversity Reception. ( something that worked well in PowerSDR for the 5000A with dual receivers)

But, no matter how loudly this wheel squeaks, it never will receive any grease from Flex Radio.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.